Thursday, January 6, 2011

The truth is, I can't

but He can.  If it's about association and not imitation, then how do we associate?  I love the sound of being "transformed." In Romans, Paul states we can be transformed by the renewing of our minds.  How does renewing our minds allow us to be transformed?   John 8:31-32 states, ..."if you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.  Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

In his podcast on Character, Andy Stanley states things like attending church and prayer won't set us free.  While those are helpful things to do, He states Jesus said knowing the truth will set us free.  So we have to learn the truth and be able to spit it out when we are in all kinds of circumstances.  Scripture memorization, I think, is a very helpful way to be able to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment