Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just stay close!

How hard can it be?  Do we really have to learn to abide?  When I stop and think about it, I believe we do.  I remember when we went to the Columbus Zoo this summer with a group of friends.  We were with a family and their 8 year old boy with lots of excitement and energy.  He was so excited that he became distracted by the attractions and was not able to stay close.  He became lost.   After lots of searching and contacting security, we were able to find him.  Fortunately, he was ok.

Christ, being the vine, encourgaes us (the branches) to remain in Him or stay close.  This has to be learned because we get distracted.  We have lots of excitement and energy and sometimes get so anxious that we stray.  Sometimes we think, "if I don't do something, nothing will happen."  Andy Stanley refers to this belief as the "if I don't, it won't" way of thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment