Sunday, January 2, 2011

Like Christ

So if we can't be like Michael Jordan, can we really be like Christ?  What about if I pray enough, read enough bible verses, serve enough and be good enough, can I be like Christ?  I don't think so.  I mean, I can do some of the things Christ did; like recite scripture, pray, serve and love others.  But, could I ever truly become like Christ?  There is something Christ has to offer that Michael Jordan can't.   

Andy Stanley states, "you cannot manufacture the character of Christ because the character of Jesus Christ must come from Jesus Christ"  The focus needs to shift from us trying to become like Christ to abiding in Christ.  If He is the vine and we are the branches, then the branch needs to hold on and stay close.  No one ever heard of the branch trying to become the vine.  However, the vine nourishes the branch and the branch can produce fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment