Sunday, April 24, 2011

Teachable Spirit

I remember our prior pastor, John Hampton, talking about the importance of having a teachable spirit.  I love learning more.  Gaining new perspectives and learning new thoughts always makes me feel refreshed.  I recently learned that learning new things actually stimulates our Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS).  The PNS is the opposite of the Sympathetic Nervous System.  The PNS helps us relax and rest while the Sympathetic Nervous System allows for fight or flight.

I am currently reading 1-2-3 Magic for Christian Parents.  Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 and the authors recommended the following scripture:

Proverbs 13:18 (New International Version, ©2011)


 18 Whoever disregards discipline comes to poverty and shame,
   but whoever heeds correction is honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment