Friday, April 15, 2011

I couldn't make the small dirt pile move

When I was real little (probably second or third grade), I remember hearing that all I needed was just a little faith to move mountains.  So, I went outside one day and thought I would give it a shot.  Except, I figured I would try it on a little pile of dirt.  So I got my toy John Deere backhoe and pushed some dirt around to make a little pile.  Then, I remember sitting behind the pile and praying that God would make it move.  I believed he could make it move, but it never moved.

Lately, I have been working on memorizing Matthew 17:20.  While I run, I like to say it over and over in my head.   Sometimes, I think I get discouraged with the idea of faith moving mountains because I couldn't even move a pile of dirt...I have tried that experiment off and on through the years :).

Matthew 17:20 (New International Version, ©2011)

 20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

www.biblegateway.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment