Friday, December 23, 2011

When Will Power Defeat Our Habits?

"I just can't do it captain...I don't have the power," stated Scotty from Star Trek.  Scotty was right, we don't have the power.  If I can't, we know He can.  If we can't defeat our habits with our power,  I believe the Spirit's power can help us create new habits.  If the spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self discipline, I believe He can help us make new habits (2 Tim 1:7).   If it's not by might nor by power, but by your spirit, I believe the Spirit can help us create new habits  (Zech 4:6).  If we are not to conform any longer to the patterns of this world, which are the habits that we all get into, but be transformed by the renewing of our minds, I believe God's spirit can help us make new habits (Rom 12:2).

No comments:

Post a Comment